Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The first of many travels

Orientation week started the same week as classs. After my final class let out Wednesday morning at 10:30, I decided to hit the gym. Not realizing that I would not make it there till 7 that evening due to the invitation that was extended to me by James, avstudent I met in the Auckland airport on my way to the South island. James simply asked if I was interested in seeing the beach. I jumped at the opportunity as well as into his car. From there, James, Marina, and I drive off to the Banks Peninsula, just and hour East of Lincoln Uni, to see the town of Akaroa, the beach, and a bit more. Once there, we all enjoyed world famous Fish and Chips and were then persuaded by Marina to go on a Dolphin excursion. We ran into numerous pods of the rarest, smallest dolphin in the world, the Hector Dolphin. From there we cruised around the rest of the banks Peninsula checking out Cathedral cove, some seals, and the vast Pacific Ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment