Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wild Foods Festival

Before I left the states, I had heard from a number of people of an event that I would have to check out while I am here. I was told to head over to Hokitika on the west coast to experience the Wild Foods Festival. A few mates and I headed into the town late Friday night. After driving through the town crawling with people, we searched for a place to set up camp. After looking into a few campsites, we decided to pitch our tents on the side of the road and head into town. The next morning, thousands of people in costumes made their way to the festival. Theme: bring your party to our party. Through out the day, i got to try shark, whitebait, lions balls, moonshine shots, lamb, wild bore, cow testicals, and grub! That weekend, a load of drift wood will float up on the beach. By the end of the festival, it will all be gone due to massive bon fires on the beach at night. Quite the weekend!








1 comment: